Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Lessons Reinforced

Today was a beautiful day..79 degrees! Kendra and I spent the day getting ready for our upcoming small group garage sale.

At 3:30 I received a call from Irene, she said that Savannah wasn't home from school yet. She still had kids at her day care and couldn't leave. Kendra and I drove around and didn't' find Savannah. I did find her brother who was also looking for her. He went in the house adn called a few of Savannah's friends. Irene told me to go to the school and look for her. I asked around and people knew who she was, but hadn't seen her. One teacher was able to connect me up with another teacher who had the school patrol list. I found out from Irene, who found out from her son, that Savannah went to a friend's house. She was supposed to go straight home after school patrol, but didn't. A teacher was able to call the friend's house and inquire about Savannah. She had just left her friend's house and was going home. The teacher was able to give me the street and avenue of the friend, so I could pick up Savannah.

As Kendra and I were leaving the school, I noticed it was raining. I held Kendra tight and told her to lay on my shoulder....it had started to hail!!!! My heart was pounding. I was so worried about Savannah. Kendra and I had prayed several times. I called neighbors and told them to pray and let me know if they saw Savannah. Just as I was getting close to the intersection of Savannah's friend house, Irene called me to let me know that Savannah was home--sent to her room.

I really wanted to talk to Savannah. I wanted her to see Kendra and I soaking wet and hailed on. I was just thankful she was ok and home safe. Kendra made the connection that Savannah didn't tell her parents where she was going and that was wrong. I am glad Kendra was able to understand that.

We did make it over to Tiffany's to get ready for the garage sale, but it was brief.

Tonight when we prayed Kendra asked God to be with Savannah and Ms. Irene and that they would bring honor and glory to Him. She too was glad that Savannah was safe.

No comments: