Friday, February 1, 2008

My Nurse

Today was a crazy day. I stayed up way too late last night finishing my Christmas cards...I often do this when Daniel works nights-especially when he is off and staying up all night. Kendra was up at 8:00 and I was really hoping she would sleep in a little later. She played with Daniel while I ran to the post office. They had cheetos for breakfast!

Kendra and I didn't do much this am, but tidy her room and eat lunch. She was tired and asked to take a nap. I was so excited! I did not lay down when she did and she ended up just having quiet time. I could hear her screaming "I'm done sleeping Mama." from downstairs.

We had a chance to visit quick with Grandpa Paul and Grandma Ruth today. They were home quick to get a few things and then off to Paul's daughter's house. Kendra made them both cards, so we delivered them too. When Kendra found out that Grandpa Paul was in the hospital, she told me that we needed to make him a card. She has been praying for them too. Her prayers have touched my heart!

Tonight we went to Happy Joe's with Debbie and her family. This was perfect, because I didn't feel like cooking tonight. Kendra fell asleep in the car! She slept for about 15 minutes anyway! After pizza, Debbie and I picked up some ice cream that was on sale for $3.99 for 5 quarts. I found 3 flavors! Kendra and and I went to Linens n' Things tonight to look for a curtain rod for the kitchen. We also found a nice big "rag rug" to put by the front door. I also found a slip cover. I was super excited because a lady who was shopping shared her coupons with me. I was able to use three 20% off''s! I spent $53.00 and saved $113.00!

Kendra and I stopped at Daniel's work on the way home. She wanted a bedtime kiss, and that she got and we prayed too. While we were waiting for Daniel to come out, she told me, "Mama next time we come here, could we bring sandwiches and eat with Papa." We will have to do that when he goes back to day shift. :)

When we got home, I tripped on the new curtain rod box and cut my toe. Nurse Kendra got her Sesame Street bandaids and put it on my toe! I was seriously in a lot of pain, so I was glad that she could help me. She was really good getting ready for bed. She insisted that she needed to wear a nightgown. I was sure to put extra blankets on her.

No comments: