Friday, January 18, 2008

Pneumonia

I called the nurse line this am to refresh my memory of the Dr's instructions. She suggested I make an appointment. When I took her temperature it was only 99.0, maybe I should cancel??? Then I remembered she wasn't eating very well, or sleeping well, pulled at her ears yesterday, and sounded raspy. I am glad that I kept the appointment because she is being treated for pneumonia and the start of an ear infection. She also lost 2 pounds from Monday to Friday.

Kendra and I went to Target to get her Rx filled. Thankfully, our friend Christie was there. She said it is OK for taste, but no the best. I am so glad she thinks to tell me these MINOR details. I was sure to pick up Mac N' Cheese, so Kendra would eat lunch and take her Rx on a full stomach. She did try and spit some out, but just a tiny bit. I was very proud of her.

I was talking on the phone today to Roxanne when I hear Kendra say, "Mama, I ate soap!" I quickly hung up and tried to get her to drink and spit water. That didn't go very well as she just drank it and didn't spit. I tried to get the kiddo to take a nap all afternoon, and gave up. Finally, when I was ready to go to the mall, she crawled in her bed and fell asleep. She slept for 30 minutes or so and woke up crying. I held her and she slept in my arms for another 20 to 30 minutes. It felt good to hold while she slept....we haven't done that in a VERY long time.

Aunie and Uncle Troy came tonight. Kendra did get to spend time with her before going to bed. We will have fun tomorrow going to the mall and just being together.

No comments: