Daniel asked me if I wanted to go to McDonald's for brunch..sure I thought. We went to Perkins because I had great coupons. We came home and there was a huge sign on the garage. "Stacy's 30" I knew Gramme was here because of the sign, but I had no idea when she was there. When I came in the house, I found these all over. My mother-in-law has a tradition when he kids or kids-in-law turn 30. She puts things they don't like all over the house. This is heavy metal music posters. I found one in the laundry, in my underwear drawer, on the mac n' cheese box. I am sure I will find more.
I opened my presents from Mom. She gave me two under the bed totes, crew socks, a neck warmer/massager, and wrapping paper holder thingys. Kendra also received a new baby doll. She cries, laughs, says mama, and Papa. Even better, the baby comes with a potty chair, but doesn't go in it.
While Daniel and I worked on our Christmas letter (yes it is coming), Gramme made me a Birthday Cake. I found in the pantry a cake that we had moved from Minneapolis!!! I am not joking when I say it was from 2003!!! It still tasted good. She made two heart shaped cakes, put strawberry/vanilla filling in between, and frosted it with Carole Troff frosting. (this is frosting that is like fudge.)
What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment