Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Big Girl

I woke up this am to here Kendra say I changed Mama. I ran quick to find that she had taken off her diaper, put it in the garbage, and put a new diaper on!! She then opened her jean drawer, put a pair of jeans on, and asked to be buttoned. She wanted to wear a sweater so I found a turtleneck (which she put on) and she put on her sweater too! What an independent girl!

Linda and I hit the sales racks this morning. Everything at Target and Walmart was 75% off. We had way too much fun. We ended our shopping trip with McDonald's.

We are housing a new snowthrower. Our neighbor is unable to be outdoors, so we will do their snow removal for them. You can pray for Grandpa Paul as he has another CAT scan coming up. We also brought a toy over for Heidi's friend Coda and chocolates for his owner. She gave Kendra a really neat kids clock. We have such nice neighbors!

Late this afternoon, Kendra and I exchanged gifts with Lind and Mary. Kendra received a Polly Pocket and floating Crayola desk with color crayons for the bathtub. I am sure she will love that!


Tonight she helped me make dinner. She put her apron on and stood proudly on her stool. She didn't make too much of a mess stirring the pizza sauce. Her favorite part was putting..eating the cheese...on the pizza. We had chocolate pudding with whipping cream for dessert. She said her favorite part was the whipping cream, where my favorite part is the chocolate!

No comments: