OK, so yesterday was no big deal! This am she is just covered. I called her Dr's nurse and she said that if benedryl didn't help in two hours that we would need to go in. Of course, all the Dr's were booked. So off we went to the urgent care. We arrived at 11:30 or so and didn't finish until 2:15. We were so hungry, we bought chips from the pharmacy. Thankfully I did have some other healthier snacks, but Kendra gobbled them up.
I chose to get us home and eat than to get Kendra's Rx. I also had told Linda that I would watch Mary at 3:00, so we had to be home quick. Kendra fell asleep in the car, so I laid her down for a nap. Mary came over and played while I tidied up the house a bit. When Kendra woke up from her nap, her eye was so swollen that I needed her Rx right now. I asked Linda to watch her so I could quick run and get her Rx. I was able to get her to take her meds OK and eat her dinner. I was sooo very worried. She looked like she had been in a fight. Thankfully the Claritin and Zantac were starting to work.
Now, I just had to clean the house and get ready for my small group to come over for our Christmas party in 30 minutes! I just had to wake up Daniel to help me. I had done all I could all day and was running on empty. He helped me get the food ready and entertained Kendra, while I continued to pick up the house.
It turned out that our small group was small and informal...praise the LORD! While we were eating, it was time for Daniel to leave. Kendra gave him a kiss and said, "have a good day at work papa". She had never told him this before, and it melted his heart.
What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment