I get most of my coupons from the Saturday Early Edition of the Star Tribune. It is only .75 on Saturday and $2.00 on Sunday. Most of the time, you get the same amount of coupons...supposed to anyway. You can preview the upcoming coupons as well here.
I also go online and print coupons. Be sure to set you default to black ink. I try to only cut what I need otherwise it is just a waste of my time and energy. I do keep the remaining coupons and put them in the expandable part of my binder. I will put a list of the websites down below.
Just to give you an idea of my categories. The first part of my binder is groceries: baking, beverages, bread, breakfast, candy/nuts, canned, condiments, dairy, frozen, pasta, snacks, soup, and vegetables. The second half is non-grocery: cleaning, dental, doggie, feminine, gas, medicine, miscellaneous, paper, shampoo, soap, and storage.
The third section I am fine tuning. I have Target, business cards, gift cards, and rain checks so far. I am going to add Hornbachers, Cash Wise, restaurant, and receipts.
How much do I save? It depends...if I am buying produce and fruit I don't do so well because they don't have coupons for that. I did have one shopping trip that I saved $26.00 and spent $24.00. Kendra has been on me to get Lunchables. I told she had to wait because I had a coupon at home. She waited. They went on sale for $.99 my coupon was for $.75 and it doubles to $1.00 so it was free! I gave her the coupon and sent her through the line. She and the clerk were surprised! Here in town all of our grocery stores double up to $1.00. That really adds up quick. I used to do coupons in the Twin Cities and it doesn't even compare.
I have adopted my friend Stephanie L's way of shopping. She makes her list on a recycled envelope (the ones you get with credit card offers etc.). On this list, she put the store name, items, and the price. This way she can compare prices and maybe save a trip to a different store. She also pulls any coupons that she will need for that shopping trip before she leaves the house. This is a huge time saver once you get to the store. She does bring the rest of her coupons with when shopping just in case there is a deal that wasn't in the ad.
My list of websites/Blogs that I like in order of importance. ;)
1 comment:
Stacy, this is AWESOME information. I am so proud of you and am inspired to try something similar. It adds up and makes a huge difference! Thanks for sharing your system as well as all of your favorite links. Love to you, my friend who I only see on facebook! ;-) Hugs~Melissa
Post a Comment