Saturday, August 29, 2009

My prayer warrior

I was telling Kendra that she would be with us in church tomorrow because there is no Sunday School. Her reply cracked me up! She said, "Mama I will stay home and you can call a babysitter for me." Smart cookie. Tonight after reading and our devotions, she asked for Daniel to come and snuggle with her. Her face looked sad as she realized he was at work. She asked to go give him a hug and a kiss good night. I told her we could call him instead. She said, "Mama, Papa is at work, but we could have snuggle time on the phone. We all took our turns having prayer time with Papa on the phone. When Daniel was praying, Kendra had the phone cradled on her shoulder, had her hands folded, and eyes closed. It was so sweet and tender I teared up. She is such a prayer warrior. As I was getting ready to tuck her in, she informed me that she needs a Goliath backpack for church tomorrow to put her snacks, books, and doll in. I love this girl!

No comments: