Friday, January 4, 2008

Roxie and Sydney

This morning Roxie and Sydney came over for our gift exchange. The girls had fun playing with Kendra's velcro fruit that you cut, polly pockets, and baby dolls. We had a simple lunch of Mac n' cheese for the girls and chicken salad sandwiches for the moms.

Kendra did much better opening her gift today than she did at Christmas. Roxanne made her a denim tote bag with her name on it. Sydney also gave her two books, two packages of stickers, and a draw string bag with a wooden family.

Kendra took a great nap after they left. She did play in her bed for awhile, but slept two hours. As we were going upstairs, she asked if she could put her pj's on. I thought sure, that way you won't get out of bed to do it. :) When she woke up from her nap, she put her dress on and zipped the front! I was amazed at that and then I looked and she had put her tights on too!!!

After dinner tonight Kendra and I were talking and she told me, "Sydney doesn't like puppies, but when she gets married she will get a dog." What a hoot! I was able to put more Christmas stuff away tonight while Kendra read some new books she received for Christmas. She did some painting too. Thank you Nana for the painting book.

No comments: