Sunday, May 20, 2007

Big Church

Today Kendra and I were late to church b/c of a train. When I went to drop her off at the nursery, they said they were full. I had two options..1 go to the nursery with her and be a worker or...2 take her into church. I thought why not take her into church!? She wouldn't let me change her diaper or put her clothes on this am what have I to lose. (She had to eat her blueberry toast in the car.) She had a blast clapping and raising her hands. It really touched my heart :) A few minutes into the preaching she started to fidget. I got out the book that I borrowed from the nursery..2 minutes...I got out coloring crayons and a small piece of paper..3 minutes. Then she told me she was done. We made it 50 minutes! I am so proud of her! I think I am willing to try it again. I will be more prepared with coloring books and quiet books.

Tonight Kendra and I were reading and she pointed and said, "triangle, square, circle, and star Mama." I about fell off the couch! She amazes me.

No comments: